Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pierssene' Bakery, 73 Glenferrie Road, Malvern

Pierssene' Bakery is located at 73 Glenferrie Road, Malvern, just a short stroll from Malvern train station. The warm atmosphere and rustic feel of the establishment is conducive to good eating. It offers an array of classic cakes and pastries – all handmade from scratch – but most importantly does a terrific cup of coffee.

I found myself in the Malvern area after work (as a swimming coach) with my cousin Lachsley once again (a café’ stop is becoming something of a Friday morning tradition of ours). We were both quite drained and in need of a caffeine boost – Pierssene’ seemed the ideal place for this said pick-me-up. The bakery has become something of an institution in the local area, with service lines commonly leaking out the door and down the road in the morning, as commuters flock the streets.

Lachsely and I both snagged a jam donut and a coffee – an unbeatable café’ combo. The donuts were soft and doughy, with the perfect dough:jam ratio, which is crucial! I would rate them up there with the best I have ever had in Melbourne.

I strongly recommend that you stop by Pierssene’ Bakery if you find yourself nearby, however, it is totally worth a special trip!

Remember to become a follower of the blog,

Mr. Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment