Sunday, February 21, 2010

Oskawhyte - 1013 High Street, Armadale

Once again I found myself on High Street, Armadale after work this morning. My cousin Lachsley and I were starving of course - we needed our appetites satisfied ASAP.

Oskawhyte is an up-market cafe' with a newly renovated feel that offers a breakfast menu, hot drinks and a small variety of baked goods. Lachsley and I both ordered the "muffin of the day" - a deliciously cakey, not too sweet blueberry of a very good size. The blueberries held their structure and the dough was of a beautiful creamy white, also maintaining a desirable moist texture.

At $3.50 apiece these muffins were good value and delicious with a cafe' latte'. Whilst not the best latte' I have ever had, the coffee was respectable and satisfied my early morning cravings. Service was acceptable, however, the barista looked how I was feeling - run down and somewhat grumpy. For me though, a muffin and coffee was enough to lighten my day. I can only hope a substantial employee discount puts a smile on his dial.

Lachsley's peppermint tea was a little weak early on, but only because he poured it far too soon in an impatient stupor. This problem was eradicated after the leaves were left to brew for an appropriate length of time and the tea was perfect - not too robust in flavour, yet very full.

I can recommend this old Armadale favourite, however, on a strip full of fantastic establishments there are others that I prefer.

Until tomorrow,

Mr. Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment