Sunday, February 21, 2010

Poached on Lygon

Recenlty I visited Poached. A small cafe up the Brunswick East end of Lygon st. With a nice summer rustic decore and friendly staff I found it a quite enjoyable atmosphere. The breakfast menu is very reasonably priced, with a nice selection. I opted for eggs benedict and a soy hot chocolate. Although it was a rather busy Saturday, I didn't have to wait very long for my meal to arrive. After eating the mushrooms this is what it looked like



The hollandaise sauce was perfect, not to thick but certainly not watery. It tasted slightly cheesy and tangy. The eggs were slightly runny as they should be, and the gypsy ham and muffin were excellent. All in all I would say its a good place to go. Perhaps as a first date brunch, I understand that a lot of people suggest dinner for first dates but I say brunch. I'll post a blog about that later on in the week though.

Poached
169 Lygon St, Brunswick East
(03) 9387 2396

No comments:

Post a Comment